Fundraise at work this EDAW!
This Eating Disorders Awareness Week, gather your troops to raise funds for Beat — and get vital conversations going.
Here's how your team can help us support more people, so no one has to face eating disorders alone.
Short of fundraising ideas? Try these:
- Bright and Bold Day — Everyone donates £2 to wear their boldest, brightest outfits to work (sparkles encouraged).
- Walk and Talk — Set up a Just Giving page and rack up a combined team mileage, whether you walk together over lunchtime or in a virtual meeting. Check out our fact sheet to start important conversations about eating disorders.
- Get Quizzical — Set an entry fee and invite colleagues’ family and households to create teams! Challenge your whole organisation to a quiz of choice and raise vital funds for our Helpline Services.
- Work forfeits — During the week, ask everyone to take on a forfeit. For example, the last person to enter a zoom meeting has to donate 50p and wear their Brightest and Boldest outfit to the next meeting!
- Affirmation Wheel — Download our latest feel-good activity, and celebrate how wonderful it is to be you, darling!
Whichever fundraising activity you organise this EDAW, don’t forget to ask your employer if they’ll match your funding — many companies in the UK will boost their employee’s fundraising efforts by 'matching' the money they raise!
How to get started
- Pick an activity that makes you and your colleagues happy!
- Pick a date. EDAW starts on Monday the 28 February and ends on Sunday the 6 March.
- Set up a Just Giving page. Personalise it by sharing your reasons for joining us this Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
- Share your page ahead of time, to let everyone know your plans. Keep an eye out on our download section for images you can share, to help raise awareness and funds for people affected by eating disorders.
- Be Bright and Bold! Your fundraising will help us support people who contact our Helpline Services every day.
Charity of the Year
Nominating Beat as your company’s ‘Charity of the Year’ is a great way to raise awareness and help us be there for more people affected by eating disorders.
We’ll be on hand to provide information for the nominations, and if successful, can provide materials, ideas and support with your fundraising plans! Contact us on 01603 753308 or email email@example.com, to bounce around ideas.