Hold a Bright and Bold crafting session to teach new skills and start important conversations. Ask for donations to come along and use our affirmation wheel and sweepstake game.
How to get started:
- Pick a crafting activity. Choose an activity that makes you happy!
- Pick a date, EDAW will start on Monday the 28th of February and finish on Sunday the 6th of March.
- Set up a Just Giving page. Personalise it by sharing why you’re joining us for Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
- Share your page in the lead up to the week to let everyone know your plans. Keep an eye out on our download section for images to share to help raise awareness and funds to support people affected by eating disorders.
- Make Bright and Bold! Your fundraising will help us support people who contact our Helpline services every day.
Tips for your fundraising
- Live stream sections of your crafting to talk about eating disorders to raise even more awareness
- Contact friends and family across the country who won’t be able to join you on the day. Ask them to start crafting too, share your page and contribute to your Bright and Bold EDAW.
- Post updates on your page with different myths about eating disorders to spread awareness and be talking points on your walk.
*Please follow our Fundraising Guidelines to ensure your fundraising is suitable, legal, and safe for everyone involved.
It’s important to choose a fundraising activity that is right for you depending on your interests, skills, free-time, and your health. It’s especially important that you choose an appropriate fundraising activity, if you have previous experience of an eating disorder or are in recovery.