Organise a Bright and Bold walk with family, friends and workplace to raise funds and walk away from secrecy, stigma and misunderstanding.
How to get started:
- Pick a route. It could be laps around your local park, a route around the block from your workplace at lunchtime or a famous hiking route.
- Pick a date, EDAW will start on Monday the 28th of February and finish on Sunday the 6th of March. You could invite a different friend, family member or colleague to join you each day, in person or remotely!
- Set up a Just Giving page. Personalise it by sharing why you’re joining us for Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
- Share your page in the lead up to the week to let everyone know your plans. Keep an eye out on our download section for images to share to help raise awareness and funds to support people affected by eating disorders.
- Walk Bright and Bold! Whenever you walk during the week, your fundraising will help us support people who contact our Helpline services every day.
Tips for your fundraising:
- Live stream sections of your walk to talk about eating disorders to raise even more awareness
- Contact friends and family across the country who won’t be able to join you on the day. Ask them to organise their own walk, share your page and contribute their ‘virtual’ steps to your walk.
- Post updates on your page with different facts and myths about eating disorders to spread awareness.
*Please follow our Fundraising Guidelines to ensure your fundraising is suitable, legal, and safe for everyone involved.
It’s important to choose a fundraising activity that is right for you depending on your interests, skills, free-time, and your health. It’s especially important that you choose an appropriate fundraising activity, if you have previous experience of an eating disorder or are in recovery.