Dress up in Beat colours at school, your workplace or with friends and family. Ask everyone to make a donation to get involved and hold a competition for the brightest and boldest dressed!
How to get started:
- Pick your Brightest and Boldest outfit!
- Pick a date, EDAW will start on Monday the 28th of February and finish on Sunday the 6th of March.
- Set up a Just Giving page. Personalise it by sharing why you’re joining us for Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
- Share your page in the lead up to the week to let everyone know your plans. Keep an eye out on our download section for images to share to help raise awareness and funds to support people affected by eating disorders.
- Wear Bright and Bold! Your fundraising will help us support people who contact our Helpline services every day.
Tips for your fundraising:
- Live stream sections of your Wear Bright and Bold day to talk about eating disorders to raise even more awareness.
- Contact friends and family across the country who won’t be able to join you on the day. Ask them to Wear Bright and Bold, share your page and help you spread the word.
- Post updates on your page with different myths about eating disorders to spread awareness and be talking points on your walk.
*Please follow our Fundraising Guidelines to ensure your fundraising is suitable, legal, and safe for everyone involved.
It’s important to choose a fundraising activity that is right for you depending on your interests, skills, free-time, and your health. It’s especially important that you choose an appropriate fundraising activity, if you have previous experience of an eating disorder or are in recovery.